Let me start off by saying that the only reason why I used the picture above is because it is ever so corny, and absolutely hilarious! Look at those fake smiles...and that mans hair!!
All jokes aside, this article from Bitchie Life brought up six good things that guys should take note of when on a date.
1. Conversation- Fellas, please keep up the conversation. Now I'll admit, I'm a tad bit on the shy side so I may lean on the guy at little more than most for conversation topics. But one of the most uncomfortable things on a date is awkward silence, which then causes me to ramble. And you can't just talk about anything! Topic choice is key, talk about something you can both relate to. A girl wants to be able to get to know each other on a date, not just hear all about you!
2. Know How to Plan a Date- Guys, It's nice to know what things you like to do, and the fact that you can take the time to plan out something special for a date, means something. So try to plan something creative and fun, even if its just dinner and a movie, choose a movie you know you guys will like or maybe explore a new type of food.
3. Dress for the occasion- Please, please, please dress to impress! I know they say looks arent everything, but first impressions go a long way. So take into consideration that what you are wearing is gonna say a lot about you and the kind of person you are.
4. Explore Different Dating Arenas- This go back to #2. Be creative! =]
5. Differentiate The Type of Women You Are Dealing With - Basically, you cant use the same game on every single girl.....well maybe you can (HAHA), but at least try to change it up a bit. Every girl is unique in their own way. So realize that and use it to your advantage. Personally, I dont mind being gamed up...as long as I cant tell! ;]
6. Pay attention- Every woman loves attention, including myself. So, no distractions. Make it a point to let her know that shes the only one on your mind at that point in time. (and if shes not, FAKE IT! =])
This weekend, I dropped my baby brother at college! He is now a Bear!! They grow up so fast!
father and son <3
love my fam.
Its a bittersweet moment because I'm gonna miss the little guy. Ever since I was three, its just been me and my brother...and now hes gone. I mean I'm going back to school soon as well. But its weird, you know. Him, not being in his room or being around the house. But I'm super proud of him! I wish him all the best in college, I know he is gonna do great! Don't let anyone tear you down baby bro!
A lot of times, black women have a hard time finding what kind of makeup looks good on their face. And as a darker skinned woman, I have especially had my own journey of finding out what works and what doesnt. I wanna take you to my makeupcase, and show you my Top 10 makeup selections.
10. Mac Studio Fix (NW50)- I'm the type of person that doesn't like heavy foundation...i dont use liquid stuff or concealer or any of that. So this is just a really quick way to make my face look clean.
9. Beauty Rush Lip Gloss (Victorias Secret)- I really love these lip glosses because they come in so many colors and they last really long, and they taste good!
I have Spring Fling, Cherry Baby, Strawberry Fizz, and Fineapple. (Spring Fling is my fave! =])
8. Mark-Kay Blush- Now I know we all have a mom or know someone elses mom that sells Mary- Kay makeup. My mom happened to get to blush and she didnt like it, so she gave it to me. And I have been using it ever since. Its all broken up now....but i cant let it go. I'll make it work till I can buy a new one.
(the color I have is called Brick)
7. Elf eye shadow- Elf carries some of the cheapest makeup you can buy and it actually looks good. They sell their eyeshadows in palettes, and in my case a "book". I think its a really great buy for everyday school makeup or if you want to experiment with looks and colors and you dont want to spend a lot of money. This Elf book of shadows cost $5!
6. Mascaras- I actually have 3 mascaras to recommend. (Sidenote: I really love to buy the blackest mascara/eye liner I can find. I'm a fan of the dramatic look, so natural blacks don't really work for me. So if you like the more natural black look, you can use these products but in different colors.)
So first off, the cheapest and most effective mascara is the classic green and pink bottle.
Maybelline Great Lash Big in Blackest Black- this mascara was very cheap but also worked surprisingly well to make my lashes pop!
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara , Carbon Black
All of these mascaras all relatively good and can be found at your local drugstore. My favorite out the three is the L'Oreal Carbon black.
5. Rimmel Waterproof eye definer in Precious Gold- I like using colored liners when I dont feel like putting on eyeshadow and I just want some color on my face.
4. CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner pen- I like the idea of having liquid liner in a pen because its hard for me sometimes to keep a steady hand with a utensil. I know Covergirl comes out with new products all the time, so if you can't find this product out there, you can find some variation.
3. I have just recently dived into the world of lipstick. But my favorite lipstick to wear right now is my Lancome lipstick in Merlot. Its not to bright to make me look like a clown, but not too dark either.
2. My all time favorite eye-line right now is Maybelline Define-a-line eye liner in Ebony black. The only complaint I have it doesn't stay put well. Like if you accidentally touch your face or something, it will smear =/ but it looks great if you dont touch it! =]
1. Mac eyeshadows! - you can relatively any color you want from Mac and they are all pretty beautiful. Right now I have Cranberry and Mythology.
So thats my top 10, and those are the products I use pretty much on the daily.
If you just want to get up and go with a fresh face take some Carmex or some Burt bees lip balm with you to care for your lips!