1.26.2011

the beginning of the end

This upcoming weekend marks the beginning of the end of my track career. My first indoor meet is this weekend, and for the first time in a long time I am more excited than nervous. One con (or pro depending on how you look at things) is that the sport of track & field is fundamentally a mental sport. Your mindset for those 10- 60 seconds of your race are going to make or break you. And for me, my nerves tend to get the best of me. There are those who feed off that anxiety, feed off that adrenaline and use it in their race. I am not one of those people. I'm the kind of person who likes to be relaxed and carefree. And I like to have people behind me, people who have faith in me, people who believe in me. Although those who are doubtful can sometimes push me to prove them wrong, to do that much better, it always helps when I know I have people backing me up, who are gonna be there for me at the finish line whether I win or loose. Not only are they gonna be there, they are gonna be proud of me because they know how much work I put in everyday..sweat and tears, literally. It's tough to always go out there with a great mindset, to say the least, but obviously not impossible. I am more than ready to compete and I know I have the support of my teammates, family, and friends. So, like I said before, I am more excited than nervous and I am definitely ready to GET IT  IN. wish me luck ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?