8.21.2009

here I was praisin the girl!

"What girl?" might you ask....I'm talking about a few days ago when I posted a BLOG which included praise for Tameka Foster,Photobucket Usher's ex-wife, for speaking out on being a dark, black woman in America....come to find out...this trick plagiarized the whole thing!! According to an article posted yesterday on bvbuzz.com, an author by the name of Aisha Curry,

Photobucket

who wrote the book ,'Pretty For a Black Girl, claims that Tameka used her work and tried to pass it off as her own.
Curry says
"My heart sank into my stomach. All the hard work, all the sleepless nights I had endured was playing back in my head as I read this article written by a woman I didn't even know," Curry told BV Buzz. "Why did I feel so connected to this article? Suddenly, it came to me. It was my work! It was my work, my voice, but in her words. I was frozen. Tears began rolling down my face as I read line after line after line. I couldn't believe it. The idea that someone could gain notoriety from an issue that I first brought to the forefront is mindboggling. People were praising her for tackling an issue that had never been exposed. Hello?!? I wrote the book on it and started it years ago. The only difference between her article and my book is she used 'dark-skinned' and I used 'Black.'"


SMH! Sighhhh, just when I thought we were getting somewhere in the world...and to think, I was praising her on being such an articulate person. Anyways, here is the rest of the article and click here to access Aisha Curry's website and find out more about her book. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?